Section 1. Please respond to the following questions. Feel free to skip any questions you are not comfortable answering, or that are not applicable to you.
On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 strongly desagree and 5 is strongly agree )
- I would recommend my manager to others.
- My manager assigns stretch opportunities to help me develop in my career.
- My manager communicates clear goals for our team.
- My manager gives me actionable feedback on a regular basis.
- My manager provides the autonomy I need to do my job (i.e., does not “micro-manage” by getting involved in details that should be handled at other levels).
- My manager consistently shows consideration for me as a person.
- My manager keeps the team focused on priorities, even when it’s difficult (e.g., declining or deprioritizing other projects).
- My manager regularly shares relevant information from their manager and senior leadership.
- My manager has had a meaningful discussion with me about my career development in the past six months.
- My manager has the technical expertise (e.g., technical judgment in Tech, selling in Sales, accounting in Finance) required to effectively manage me.
- The actions of my manager show they value the perspective I bring to the team, even if it is different from their own.
- My manager makes tough decisions effectively (e.g., decisions involving multiple teams, competing priorities).
- My manager effectively collaborates across boundaries (e.g., team, organizational).
Section 2 (Optional). While this is a confidential survey, keep in mind your comments are shared verbatim with your manager.
- What would you recommend your manager keep doing?
- What would you have your manager change?